Pristine picture and a sleek wall-mount design
LG's highly rated OLED TVs have been stunning customers for 10 years straight, and the G3 is their finest-looking OLED TV yet. Its "evo" panel technology boosts overall brightness and enhances red, green, and blue subpixels for richer, more accurate colors. And its sleek Gallery design looks like a piece of moving art mounted on your wall. (In fact, these TVs don't come with a stand.)
The OLEDG3PUA also boasts a collection of smart features like built-in voice control and a breezy interface that makes watching TV feel easy. And it's the perfect TV for gamers looking for next-gen support, with a collection of advanced gaming features like 4K/120Hz and lightning-fast response times.
Beautiful OLED, even brighter
Because each pixel onscreen is self-illuminated and precisely controlled, OLEDs tend to outperform LED TVs in most areas except brightness. LG's OLED evo panel addresses this concern by using a special emissive material that produces more light per pixel than ever before. With Brightness Booster Max, the OLEDG3PUA offers LG's brightest evo panel technology. That makes it a much better pick for open, sunlit rooms than previous generations of OLED TVs.
Realistic depth with AI processing
This TV's already-stunning picture is analyzed and improved by LG's next-gen Alpha 9 Gen 6 AI processor. It automatically detects key parts of an image, like human faces, and uses deep-learning algorithms to give them a boost in brightness and detail. The processor adjusts foreground objects in relationship to the background for well-blended images with realistic depth. This sharp-looking TV also upscales your non-4K sources too, so you can enjoy the great picture LG is known for, no matter what you're watching.
4K enhanced by Dolby Vision®
Enjoy 4K picture quality with a range of movies and TV shows now available on streaming services like Netflix®, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video. LG's Cinema HDR and dynamic, intelligent tone-mapping further improves the TV's contrast and color, bringing out additional detail and depth when viewing HDR-encoded programs. This TV also supports one of the most sophisticated HDR formats currently available: Dolby Vision.
Dolby Vision optimizes your picture on a scene-by-scene basis for maximum impact. With Dolby Vision IQ, your settings are adjusted automatically based on the genre of content you're watching and even the amount of ambient light in the room.
The near-infinite contrast and incredible detail of an OLED is already a huge boon for gamers, but the OLEDG3PUA goes even further. Input lag down to an imperceptible 0.1 millisecond and ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) ensure your games stay responsive at all times. Support for VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) with both FreeSync Premium and G-Sync keeps your picture smooth by preventing disruptive screen tearing.
With Game Optimizer, you can quickly adjust your settings with modes designed to help you get the most out of popular genres like first-person shooters, real-time strategy, and roleplaying games. This TV's HGiG-approved HDR performance can also be auto-tailored for games, improving detail and shading so you don't miss key visual cues while you're playing. If that wasn't enough, LG includes support for cloud gaming with Nvidia GeForce NOW and Utomik built right into the TV (requires separate subscription and game controllers).
Smart features and intuitive control
The included Magic Remote has a mic built right in. This means you can control the TV and search streaming services with your voice. Just press a button and start talking. And with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa built in, you can easily integrate the TV into an existing smart home system. ThinQ AI lets your TV act as a hub for other smart devices in your home.
The Magic Remote's motion controls let you point and click like with a computer mouse. There's even a click wheel to let you quickly scroll through menus. With Quick Cards, you can also group your favorite apps together to make it easier to find what you need.
Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you easily stream content from an iPhone® or other iOS® device directly to the TV.
This slim Gallery Series TV is just an inch thick with an ultra-thin bezel, so it looks beautiful on your wall. The included custom bracket allows you to mount the TV completely flush, and the back panel includes a recessed cable track to keep your connections nice and tidy.
Note: Designed for wall mounting — no stand included.
- 82.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- designed for wall-mounting; SR-G3WU55 pedestal stand sold separately
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- self-illuminating OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display panel produces near-infinite picture contrast
- pixel-level dimming enables each of the panel's 8.3 million pixels to brighten, dim, or power off completely, for exceptional detail and absolute black
- "evo" panel technology boosts red, green, and blue subpixels for richer, more accurate color
- Brightness Booster Max makes this TV one of the brightest OLED models on the market
- Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- OLED Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro refines image-quality frame-by-frame for expressive details
- HDR Expression Enhancer identifies and improves images with increased sharpness to naturally draw your eye
- Dolby Vision IQ optimizes your picture based on genre and the amount of ambient light in your room
- Alpha 9 Gen 6 AI Processor 4K improves noise reduction, sharpness, contrast, and color
- AI Super Upscaling upconverts standard-def and high-def video to near-4K quality
- AI Picture Pro automatically adjusts your settings based on the type of content you're watching and its source
- Filmmaker Mode™ automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- 120Hz refresh rate for smooth, clear motion
- Game Optimizer lets you quickly access all of your gaming settings
- 4K @ 120Hz on all HDMI inputs
- ultra-fast 0.1ms response times for seamless gaming
- supports VRR (Variable Refresh Rate); AMD FreeSync Premium™ and Nvidia G-SYNC® compatible
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) for smooth, lag-free game play
- HGiG (HDR Gaming Interest Group) mode calibrates tone-mapping for accurate detail and shading
- supports cloud gaming with Nvidia GeForce NOW and Utomik (subscriptions required)
Video source compatibility:
- stream 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- Quick Cards let you group your favorite apps in a universal guide for easy access
- LG Channels lets you enjoy subscription-free TV with 300+ channels
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- NextGen TV ATSC 3.0 tuner can receive over-the-air 4K broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV features:
- LG ThinQ® AI makes your TV the hub for all your smart devices
- built-in Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa intelligent voice assistants
- compatible with Apple® HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad®, or Mac®
- Magic Tap lets you mirror content from NFC-compatible phones to the TV with a tap on the remote
- Sports Alert lets you set favorite teams and players to receive automated updates
- built-in Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- Room to Room Share lets you stream cable or satellite content to another compatible TV via Wi-Fi (sold separately)
- 4 HDMI 2.1 inputs
- HDMI 2 supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- supports 4K/120 Hz
- RS-232C input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 3 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- IR (infrared) blaster port
- built-in down-firing 4.2-channel speaker system
- Dolby® and DTS® decoding, including immersive Dolby Atmos®
- Bluetooth® 5.0 wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- LG Sound Sync lets you wirelessly pair compatible LG sound bars to your TV
- AI Sound Pro virtually simulates surround sound for a more cinematic TV experience
- WiSA ready and compatible with WiSA-enabled USB transmitters and WiSA certified speakers for creating a wireless audio system (up to 2.1 channels)
General info and included accessories:
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- does not come with a stand (LG flush-mount bracket is included)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 400mm x 400mm
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 72-3/4"W x 41-3/4"H x 1-1/4"D
- weight: 90.1 lbs.
What's in the box:
- LG OLED TV:
- 83" OLED TV
- Magic Remote (MR23GN)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- IR blaster
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- Magic Remote User Information
- Warranty Information
- Product Registration Card
- LG Wall Mount Bracket SR-G3WU55):
- Wall-mount bracket
- 8 Lag-bolts
- 8 Concrete-anchors
- 4 Self-adhesive plastic strips
- Installation Instructions
- Wall-Mount Template
- Warranty Card